WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT
Welcome to the web site for Western Horse & Gun Magazine, www.westernhorseandgun.com. We at Western Horse & Gun recognize that many visitors to our web site are concerned about the information that they provide to us or that may be collected, and how we treat that information. In order to address those concerns we have developed this web site Privacy Statement.
TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
At this web site, we may collect both personally identifiable information and non-personal information from you.
1. Personally identifiable information. You do not have to provide us with your personally identifiable information (such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, etc.) in order to read most of what’s posted on this site. We may, however, collect personally identifiable information about you when you submit comments in response to one of our stories, sign up to receive information from us, open an account with us, submit a letter to the Editor through the site, enter a contest, respond to a survey, make a forum submission, email us, purchase something through the site, or at times in which we alert you that you must submit personally identifiable information. Without this information, we would not be able to respond to your inquiries, entries and requests.
2. Non-personal information. Non-personal information, such as which pages on the site are accessed, what information is downloaded, what type of browser and operating system are being used, which Internet service provider is being used, and other information of this general type may be collected about visitors to the site. This information does not allow us to personally identify the site visitor. By collecting this information we learn how best to develop our web site to meet the needs and desires of our visitors.
METHODS OF INFORMATION COLLECTION
Personally identifiable information is collected when submitted by you — such as when you sign up for an account with us, or when you send us an email. Personally identifiable information may also be collected when you include it as part of a comment, letter, forum submission or blog entry that you submit to us. Non-personal information may be collected via “cookies” (small text files placed on your computer’s hard drive), “web beacons” or other technology.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
1. Personally identifiable information. If you sign up for a magazine subscription and/or e-newsletter with us, then we may use your personally identifiable information to maintain your account and to correspond with you. If you enter one of our contests, then we may use your personally identifiable information for purposes of the contest (such as to notify you if you win) and/or in accordance with the contest rules. We may also provide your personally identifiable information to the sponsor(s) of the contest, publish information concerning the winner of the contest, and/or for any other lawful purposes. If you email us, submit a letter to us, or ask to be placed on a mailing list that we maintain, then we may contact you and send information to you. If you register to purchase merchandise through this web site, then we may use your personally identifiable information to maintain your account and/or process your order. In addition to the uses listed above, we may use your personally identifiable information to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, as part of a statistical web site usage analysis, and/or to improve the features and content of this web site. We may also use your personally identifiable information to assist in delivery of content that is customized to your interests. We do not collect personally identifiable information on an automatic basis, but we may combine non-personal information (which may be automatically collected) with your previously submitted personally identifiable information. We may also use your personally identifiable information as set forth elsewhere in this Privacy Statement.
2. Non-personal information. We may use your non-personal information to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, as part of a statistical web site usage analysis, to improve the features and content of this web site, and/or for other purposes to assist our business. We may share such information with advertisers and other third parties, typically in the aggregate. We may also use your non-personal information as set forth elsewhere in this Privacy Statement. 3. Links from the site to advertisers and other third parties. Please be aware that Western Horse & Gun’s advertisers, business partners, sponsors, service providers and other third parties accessible through the site (such as via links from this site and/or framed on this site) may have their own privacy practices. Western Horse & Gun is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties. You should check the applicable privacy policies of the third parties when providing information to them. Financial institutions, such as those which process credit card orders, are subject to federal privacy laws.
4. Public forum. If you submit a comment, email, blog entry, or similar submission, the information in your submission may be published to the general public. Please exercise caution when making such submissions. Please note that most such submissions are not reviewed prior to publication. We will not be responsible to read, respond to, or perform in accordance with any requests for privacy or confidentiality that are included with the submission or at any time.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SECURITY
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures that we believe are appropriate to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of our databases or site, nor can we guarantee that information will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In order to use some of the features of this site, you may be required to create an account with us. For your protection, this account will only be accessible by means of a password or similar security measure. If you believe that your password or email address has been compromised, you should change your account with us immediately. If you forget your password, follow the instructions on the login page.
Western Horse & Gun does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 through this site unless such collection is done in accordance with the law. If you are a child under the age of 18 that intends to submit information to Western Horse & Gun through this site, you must obtain your parent’s consent prior to making such a submission. In the event that Western Horse & Gun obtains actual knowledge that you are a child under the age of 18, Western Horse & Gun may require that you (and/or your parent) prove to us your prior parental consent. We recommend that all children under the age of 18 obtain parental consent prior to the submission or purchase of anything through this site.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND “OPT OUT” PROCEDURES
If you would like to access or change any other personal information that we have collected, or would like to “opt out” of our collection, retention or disclosure of any other information, please email us at email@example.com, or contact us at 505-286-0100.
Western Horse & Gun welcomes your questions and comments about our privacy statement. Please send emails to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement may be changed from time to time, so we encourage you to check back with every visit to the site. If you do not agree to one or more of the changes, you may choose to “opt out,” using the procedures set forth above. Once the change has been made, all information collected by the site before or after the change will be subject to the new terms of the Privacy Statement. The current version of this Privacy Statement is effective April 1, 2016.