- 1 cup Farro, cooked according to package directions and then cooled
- 1 pint cherry heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Micro greens for garnish (optional)
- For the Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon or spicy mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Whisk together the apple cider vinegar, lime juice, Dijon mustard, honey, soy sauce, garlic and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. You will have extra vinaigrette that you can use on another salad. The vinaigrette will hold in the fridge for about seven days.
In a large bowl, gently toss together the cooked farro, tomatoes, cucumbers, mint, parsley and scallions. Drizzle with about 1/3 cup of the vinaigrette and gently toss again. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with microgreens. Serve immediately.